- Spirulina has inhabited the world for over 2.4 billion years
- Rich in protein
- Helps to build muscle mass and support immunity
- Organic, gluten-free, kosher and vegan
- Allergens: contains naturally occurring Sulphites
Quality & Provenance
The fierce spirulina thrives in a hostile environment, deadly to most microorganisms. So it can be organically farmed without need for chemical pesticides to sterilise it. Ours is grown on an island in the South China Sea – surrounded by rich forest, protected from urban or agricultural pollution.
We rigorously test for mercury, lead and other contaminants, guaranteeing a pure product without risk of heavy metal poisoning. We also test the growing ponds daily for pH value and optical density.
Spirulina is harvested with a fine mesh-screen that captures the small coiled filaments from the water. It’s then sieved and transferred to a washing pond, before being washed over a mesh-screen, ensuring that only pure spirulina is processed. This wet spirulina is placed in a drying chamber which quickly evaporates all the moisture, while preserving the nutrient content, leaving the fine green powder which we package for you.
Why is it good for me?
- Source of thiamine (vitamin B1) which contributes to the normal function of the nervous system, normal psychological function and the normal function of the heart
- Rich in protein which contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- Bursting with vitamin A which contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) & manganese which contribute to the protection from oxidative stress
- Contains iron which contributes to the normal transport of oxygen around the body and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Source of calcium which contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones