Organic Buckwheat Groats Infinity Foods
BUCKWHEAT GROATS (GRAIN), ORGANIC 500G (INFINITY FOODS)
Whole Organic Buckwheat Groats (Grain)
· Little heart shaped buckwheat groats.
· Use in salads, casseroles and soups.
· High in protein.
· Wheat-free. Buckwheat is not a form of wheat and does not naturally contain gluten.
These buckwheat groats are a great alternative to barley, rice or wheat. Despite the name, buckwheat is not a form of wheat, and does not naturally contain gluten. They are very easy to cook and make an excellent base for a meal
Buckwheat cooks just like rice:
1. Add one cup of buckwheat groats per person to a large saucepan of boiling water.
2. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain and serve.
4. Use as an alternative to rice, pasta or barley. Serve as an accompaniment to meats and casseroles, in salads, soups and stews.
You can roast this buckwheat by heating on a hot pan for about 5 minutes until they are browned. We also sell ready-roasted buckwheat groats called Kasha, if this is more convenient. Roasting enhances the flavour of the buckwheat. Once roasted, cook as above but reduce the cooking time by 5 minutes.
These buckwheat groats are also suitable for sprouting.
Organic buckwheat groats.
_of which sugars
_of which saturates
Organic • Wheat-free • Does not naturally contain gluten • Vegetarian, Vegan • Dairy-free.